
A man was taken to hospital after the lifeboat crew rescued him from the water near a Morecambe beach.
The Coastguard alerted the Morecambe lifeboat crew at around 8.55pm on Monday.
"A report had been received of a male struggling in the water off the Midland Beach," said a Morecambe RNLI spokesperson.
"Launch Authority Mark Lister immediately authorised the launch of Morecambe’s hovercraft to make to the casualty.
"The crew assisted the casualty onto the hovercraft and swiftly made back to shore where he was placed in the care of awaiting paramedics from North West Ambulance Service.
"The crew returned the hovercraft back to base and made ready for the next shout."
A North West Ambulance Service spokesperson said they were called at 9.16pm, an ambulance attended and took a man to hospital.