On Air Now

Saturday Sport

9:00am - 10:00am

Now Playing

One Riff Pony

Best Thing

Morecambe McDonalds drive-through fenced off and closed for revamp

The McDonalds drive-through in Morecambe is closed for improvements

The McDonalds drive-through in Morecambe has been fenced off as work takes place ahead of a grand reopening next month.

The restaurant on Morecambe Road closed earlier this week for a revamp.

A sign outside says: "We are busy making some exciting changes. We reopen on April 15."

This is part of McDonalds' 'Convenience of the Future' revamp of their restaurants across the UK.

McDonalds said the new restaurant layout will have the latest technology to create a more seamless and enjoyable experience for customers.

"The pace of change within the restaurant industry is relentless, and the pandemic accelerated this with digital adoption gathering greater pace," said a spokesperson for the fast food giants.

"Our customers rightly expect to have choice in how and where they order and collect their food, and our job is to ensure that every experience is a great one.

"For this to be the case, we know we also must provide our restaurant teams and delivery partners with the best possible environment to work in.

"We strongly believe we must continue to invest to grow, and this investment not only addresses how customers are ordering now but provides us with a platform to continue to adapt in the future, whatever that innovation looks like."

McDonalds also has a restaurant on Cheapside in Lancaster city centre and a drive through on Caton Road.

The spokesperson said the Morecambe outlet is the only one in our area where a refurb is planned at the moment. 

The McDonalds on Friargate in Preston had a Convenience of the Future upgrade last year, reopening in September.

Read more: Morecambe McDonalds to shut for a month for major revamp - Beyond Radio

More from Local News

Recently Played Songs