On Air Now

MAC on Demand

7:00pm - 8:00pm

Now Playing

Coldplay

Viva la Vida

Police quash rumours of man in street armed with crossbow after road sealed off in Lancaster

Police sealed off Wellington Road on Wednesday evening

Police said rumours of a man in the street armed with a crossbow were not true after they sealed off a road in Lancaster.

Officers detained an 18-year-old man on Wednesday evening after a report of a concern for welfare at an address on Wellington Road.

The street was cordoned off while specially trained police negotiated with the man.

Police were called at around 6.30pm and the incident was resolved shortly after 9.30pm.

No-one was injured during the incident.

A Lancaster Police spokesperson said there had been "some talk in the community and on social media" about the incident, leading them to explain what had happened.

"Many thanks to everyone in the local area for their patience and understanding while we dealt with what was a complex and fast-moving and dynamic incident," said the spokesperson.

More from Local News

Recently Played Songs

Up next on Beyond Radio