On Air Now

The Morning Show

10:00am - Noon

Now Playing

Franz Ferdinand

The Fallen

Royal Lancaster Infirmary ward to reopen after winter vomiting bug closure

A ward at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary that was closed due to a norovirus outbreak will reopen to visitors from today.

Visiting on Ward 35 had been suspended after an outbreak of norovirus, that affected both patients and staff.

The trust which runs the hospital said the ward will now reopen through Tuesday (December 17).

A spokesperson for the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust said: ‘’Cleaning has commenced and the ward will gradually open to admissions across the day. 

‘’Relatives and carers of patients on Ward 35 will be updated and informed of the visiting conditions.

‘’Thank you to everyone for your patience and support throughout.’’

Norovirus, also called the 'winter vomiting bug', is a stomach bug that causes vomiting and diarrhoea. It can be very unpleasant, but usually goes away in about two days.

More from Local News

Recently Played Songs