
Six more Morecambe town centre businesses - including a leading hotel, pub and restaurant - were targeted by burglars over the weekend.
The break-ins and attempted burglaries were the latest in a spate of crimes in the Promenade area of the town over the past two months.
Beyond Radio received a report that since Friday, The Morecambe Hotel on Lord Street; and No 1 Hair Studio, Ralphy's Cafe, Eric's Cafe, Lewis's Cafe and The Bay Double Bubble coffee shop on Marine Road Central were all targeted.
This was confirmed by Det Insp Adie Knowles of Lancashire Police, who has renewed an appeal for information.
The attempted break-in at the Morecambe Hotel happened overnight on Saturday and Sunday.
The culprits did not gain entry but caused damage to the building's exterior, using what is believed to be a crowbar.
Rod Taylor, owner of the popular premises, said: "Ten years ago, we lovingly rescued and refurbished this Grade 2 listed building, and repairs have to be done sympathetically in keeping with its heritage.
"We worked long and hard to complement other establishments in the town and deliver quality food, drinks, and accommodation.
"I wonder why we bother?
"Before Christmas, our cold store was broken into and raided on two occasions, resulting in £££s worth of pre-Christmas stock and produce being stolen. What can or is to be done to protect our valued local businesses?"
A post on The Bay Double Bubble (pictured below) Facebook page said there had been an attempted break-in at the shop.
"It looks like we were the next target of the burglary. Fortunately, whoever tried to get into our store failed.
"Damaged door frame and doors, further repair costs to ensure safety of our customers.
"The case had been reported to the police."
David Waddington, chairman of Morecambe BID (Business Improvement District), has called on local people to report any suspicious activity to the police, and on businesses to do as much as they can to keep themselves secure.
Mr Waddington (below) himself owns two businesses, MiaItalia restaurant and miogelato cafe, in Morecambe town centre.
LISTEN to David Waddington talking on Monday about the spate of crimes in Morecambe town centre
"It's not good for our town centre businesses at all and distressing for the owners as well," said Mr Waddington.
"We want to do as much as we can to support and bring a stop to it.
"Along with our SAFE Morecambe initiative, we have been in contact with Lancashire Police to ask for more patrols on the Promenade.
"(The BID) did buy 10 new public realm CCTV cameras last year which has significantly increased the coverage in the town, on top of council provision.
"I would just urge residents, business owners, the general public, that if they've seen anything, heard anything, anything at all that's suspicious, to report it, and to remind our businesses to take every precaution thay can, review their CCTV as much as possible.
"It's up and down the Prom, it's not a specific location."
These latest incidents followed a burglary at The Bra Shop on Marine Road, some time over January 18-21, where almost all the shop's stock was taken forcing the premises to close down.
There were attempts to break in to the Crown Hotel on Marine Road Central, during the nights of January 7 and January 12.
Police previously launched an appeal after the Crown was burgled overnight on December 17 and 18, and alcohol was stolen from the bar.
Det Insp Knowles said there had been similar attempts to break in to Pleasureland amusement arcade and the Festival Market.
He said the Pleasureland incident, where someone tried to prise the doors open to get in, happened on Sunday January 12 between 8.30am and 9am.
Someone damaged a lock at the Festival Market trying to get in to the premises, at around 5.15am on January 5.
There was also a break in at the County Snooker Club in Morecambe on February 2.
Please report crimes in progress to 999, otherwise call police on 101 with any information, or report anonymously to Crime Stoppers online or on 0800 555 111.
Det Insp Knowles said on Monday: "If anybody sees any suspicious activity on or near the Promenade, please let us know."